Is ThruFlow Premium Decking structural?
No. While ThruFlow panels are tough and durable, they do not have the same stiffness as wood. Therefore, they are not intended for use as a load-bearing structural member. ThruFlow panels require support centers based on size. Our 3’ x 1’ panel needs center support every 18”, our 4’x 1’ and 4’x 4’ panels need center support every 16”, and our 5’ x 1’ panel needs center support every 15”.
If you need more information about specific part dimensions, please visit our individual ‘Products’ pages (Impact, Legacy, Surge, and SOL). Here you will find the corresponding downloadable ‘Spec Sheet’. ThruFlow staff may not be able to answer specific contracting/structural build questions; however, we may be able to recommend local contractors who use ThruFlow Premium Decking based on your location. Give us a call at 888-478-3569!
Please Note: Our Aqua-Dek product series 2’ x 3’ panel requires center support every 18” and 2’ x 4’ panel requires center support every 24”.
Please consult with your local contractor for regional requirements and/or restrictions.
- What is ThruFlow Premium Decking?
- Why should I choose ThruFlow Premium Decking for my application?
- What colors do ThruFlow Premium Decking come in?
- Is ThruFlow Premium Decking made of recycled materials?
- Will the color of ThruFlow Premium Decking change over time?
- Does ThruFlow Premium Decking come with a warranty?
- How do I dispose of ThruFlow Premium Decking? Can it be taken to a landfill?
- Where can I buy ThruFlow Premium Decking, and how much does it cost?
- What types of fasteners are recommended for ThruFlow™ Premium Decking?
- Is ThruFlow Premium Decking structural?